Orange, known as Australia’s Colour City with its four distinct seasons is located in Central NSW, 3 ½ hours from Sydney and within easy reach of the Blue Mountains.
You will discover a welcoming city full of life, fruitful landscapes, historical buildings, diverse shopping, art and culture to surprise you and some of the best food and wine in Australia.
Continuing to build its reputation for cool climate wines renowned for the regions flavour and quality and now supports more than 30 cellar doors. It is Australia’s cool climate wine region where the topography ranges from Mt Canobolas at 1,395 metres down to around 600 metres. The combination of distinct seasons, rich soils, climate, sloping ground and glorious sunlight cause a slow maturation and ripening allowing a great intensity of fruit. Begin your journey into another country: Orange, the highest altitude wine region in Australia.
Orange is surrounded by areas rich in diversity including Blayney and Molong in Cabonne country on the way to Dubbo. There is so much to explore and enjoy in these regions!
What to See & Do
- Take a vignerons tour around the 30+ cellar doors.
- Ascend majestic Mt. Canobolas, walk to the spectacular Federal Falls then try out your canoe at Lake Canobolas below.
- Pleasure your palate with the wonderful fresh food and produce that abounds in Orange and its districts.
- Take a trip into the eerie limestone world of Tunnel Cave at Borenore Karst Conservation Reserve – take a torch.
- Visit the Orange Regional Gallery for an collection of unique art, photography and culture.
- Shopping choices abound in the City and surrounding shires to suit all tastes and budgets in fashion, antiques, homewares, arts, tools, jewellery, books, gardening and agriculture… the list is endless…
Orange Visitor Information Centre
9 – 5 everyday except Christmas Day Corner Byng St & Lords Pl Orange NSW
Phone: 02 6393 8226 – 1800 069 466 E: email@example.com www.visitorange.com.au