At 1,113m, Oberon is the highest town in the Blue Mountains region. It is the perfect hub from which to explore a multitude of unique attractions, towns & villages, including Jenolan Caves (pictured above) and Kanangra Boyd National Park.
With four distinct, idyllic seasons and the most beautiful scenery in rural NSW, a visit to the region will reward & delight. Oberon is surrounded by interesting villages and National Parks. Jenolan Caves, Kanangra Boyd National Park, Blue Mountains National Park and Abercrombie River National Park are in the shire and contain spectacular scenery.
Oberon can be used as a base from which to undertake day trips to the various villages and attractions within the region.
What to See & Do
- Be sure to call in to the Visitor Info Centre for information on all the wonderful things to see and do. The VIC has the extensive list of splendid gardens open during all seasons, including parts of Mayfield. There are 4 Cycling maps of the area with info on Cycling Events
- Go trout fishing in Lake Oberon all year round. See the VIC for info on Fishing Season and licenses.
- Try your luck sapphire fossicking.
- Try mushroom picking, taking care to pick only edible varieties – the Oberon Visitor Information Centre has brochures on these.
- Go horse riding through the magically beautiful landscape.
- Explore the wild places by 4WD.
- Evans Crown Nature Reserve and Kanangra Walls offer both relaxing and challenging walks
- You MUST make time for multi-award winning Jenolan Caves, the most spectacular limestone caves in Australia, maybe stay there – the beauty above and below ground is inspirational. Get the app!
- Visit Oberon & District Museum, Scotia Avenue, (02)63361016
- Visit the Oberon Tarana Heritage Railway 10-2 first Saturdays, North St.
VISITOR INFORMATION CENTRE
Oberon Visitor Information Centre
Cnr Ross Street & Edith Road, Oberon
Phone: (02) 6329 8210 E: email@example.com www.oberonaustralia.com …will take you there!