You’ve reached what is now referred to as the Upper Blue Mountains, where cool climate plants are the focus of many a garden.
Rivalling Katoomba as the most visited location in the Blue Mountains, Leura offers The Mall, a shoppers paradise alive with coffee shops, restaurants, boutiques, galleries.
I defy you to desire any movie or music and not find it or get it from Ray at Hits & Myths! This man keeps me sane and in love as well as awake and alert at the wheel. He can find those things I can’t live without as well as something new I didn’t know I couldn’t live without. Renommee is the cottage in the Leura car park that specialises in chic contemporary recycle designer and one-off pieces for those who want to look absolutely stunning in a designer outfit at a reasonable price. Pauline also stocks a superb range of Japanese kimonos and haoris. There are designer shoes and accessories as well. With new stock arriving regularly, the shop is simply a delight and inspiration.
Megalong Books has the most amazing range of the most amazing books on so many subjects I keep wondering how they do it! The staff are also so knowledgeable and helpful.
Come to Leura just for fun or for some really serious bargains… but come you must… it is so special!
What to See & Do
- Toy and Railway Museum, locatedwithin Leuralla mansion. The museum features Australia’s largest collection of toys, dolls, teddy bears and model railways, located on the corner of Olympian Parade and Balmoral Road.
- Opposite the Toy and Railway Museum is Olympian Park featuring a natural amphitheatre with spectacular views.
- Gardens, Shopping, Food and Art!
- Awesome views from Sublime Point
- Leura Cascades along Cliff Drive is a peaceful setting for a family picnic or BBQ
- From the Cascades you can leisurely walk to several waterfalls including Leura,Linda, Lila and Bridal Veil Falls. You can also walk to Copelands Lookout and Flying Fox Lookout.
- Mount Hay Road takes you to the beautiful untouched Mount Hay region.