Katoomba has something for everyone: entertainment, art galleries, restaurants, trendy cafes, shopping, antiques and collectables, walks and activities, not to mention its being surrounded by natural beauty.
The Three Sisters may be viewed from Echo Point. Many bushwalks start from this point, including the Three Sisters Walk and Giant Stairway.
In town, you’ll find an array of boutiques and all seasons clothing, as well as cosy dining experiences to suit all budgets and tastes.
BLUE MOUNTAINS CULTURAL CENTRE
In 2000 the Greater Blue Mountains area was added to the World Heritage List in recognition of the exceptional diversity and integrity of its eucalypt forest communities. The Blue Mountains Cultural Centre features Into the Blue, the Blue Mountains World Heritage Interpretive exhibition. Into the Blue is a fun and interactive exhibition which explores the landscape and history of this unique area. Audiences are invited to navigate their way through these stories through an immersive exhibition experience, introducing them to the richness and wonders of the Blue Mountains World Heritage area.
City Art Gallery I Café I
World Heritage Exhibition I Shop
Phone 02 4780 5410 | 30 Parke St Katoomba NSW 2780
Open 10am – 5pm Mon – Fri, 10am – 4pm Sat & Sun 10am – 2pm public holidays (closed Good Friday & Xmas Day)
What to see and do in Katoomba
- Visit Echo Point Visitor Information Centre for information and views.
- See the Jenolan Caves on a tour with Trolley Tours
- Enjoy the art and culture walk.
- Eat in fine-dining restaurants or have coffee and cake in Art Deco cafés.
- Take guided bushwalks, a 4WD drive, learn to abseil, all in majestic splendour
- Explore the thriving local art scene.
- Visit the renovated Scenic World